Last Updated – March 1, 2018
School EventPay is a platform that provides the ability for schools to communicate with students and parents, publish and collect payment for school-related events through www.SchoolEventPay.com or any other URL provided by Raneth LLC (collectively, the “Website”), and/or any other digital platform or application accessed by its users (the “Platform” and together with the Website, the “School EventPay Service”). The School EventPay Service is owned and operated by Raneth, LLC, a Texas limited liability company (“School EventPay”, “we” or “us”).
We are always ready to address your questions and concerns regarding this policy and our privacy practices. If you would like to contact customer service, please contact us via email at office.schoolEventPay.com.
- Types and Uses of Collected Information. School EventPay collects two types of information about you:
- Personally Identifiable Information. Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies a specific person. When you engage in certain activities via the School EventPay Service, including but not limited to creating an account, registering for an event, or otherwise participating in the School EventPay Service (collectively, “Identification Activities”), we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself or your child. If you elect to engage in an Identification Activity, however, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information about yourself or your child, such as name, address (including zip code), email address and/or telephone number. Depending on the Identification Activity, some of the information we ask you to provide may be identified as mandatory and some identified as voluntary. If you do not provide mandatory information for a particular Identification Activity, you will not be permitted to engage in that Identification Activity with the School EventPay Service. Depending on the Identification Activity, School EventPay may not re-ask you for Personally Identifiable Information if such are already stored with us.
We use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to troubleshoot, administer the School EventPay Service, analyze trends, gather demographic information, comply with applicable law, and cooperate with law enforcement activities. We may also share this information with our authorized Third Party Service Providers to measure the overall effectiveness of our products and services.
- Release of Personally Identifiable Information. We will not sell or share your Personally Identifiable Information with other parties except as provided below:
- Authorized Third Party Service Providers. School EventPay may provide products and services through third parties, including without limitation payment processing. These “Third Party Service Providers” perform functions on our or your behalf. You or We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with such Third Party Service Providers to fulfill orders, move data in or out of the School EventPay Service, analyze data, operate the School EventPay Service, troubleshoot and provide customer service. Alternatively, such information could be passed directly from you to the applicable Third Party Service Provider. We may also provide personal information to individuals and companies with whom we have business relationships and may share your information with Third Party Service Providers to accomplish our administrative tasks. However, the use of your Personally Identifiable Information by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. We will divulge personal information if compelled due to compliance with FERPA or any subsequent amendment and/or change to the law.
- Emergency. Other extraordinary circumstances not listed here may require disclosure: we may also disclose your information when we believe it’s necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person; to address fraud, security, or spam; or to protect our rights or property.
- Referrals. You may choose to invite friends to join School EventPay by sending invitation emails via an invite feature. School EventPay stores the email addresses you provide so that the respondents may be sent reminders of the invitations. School EventPay does not sell these email addresses or use them to send any other communication besides invitations and invitation reminders. Recipients of invitations may contact School EventPay to request removal of their information from our database.
- Release of Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may disclose or share Non-Personally Identifiable Information with Third Party Service Providers and the general public. For example, we may share aggregated demographic information (which does not include any Personally Identifiable Information) or use Third Party Service Providers to track and analyze Non-Personally Identifiable usage and volume statistical information from our users to administer the School EventPay Service. We may also publish this aggregated information for promotional purposes. Such data is collected on our behalf, and is owned and used by us.
We may use Third Party Service Providers to serve ads when you participate in the School EventPay Service. These companies may use Non-Personally Identifiable Information about your visits and use of the School EventPay Service, and visits to other websites or locations in order to provide, through the use of network tags, advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- Updating Information. If you are enrolled in the School EventPay Service, you may change any of your applicable Personally Identifiable Information by logging into your account and accessing the “User Information” and “Payment” section or similar section of the School EventPay Service. We encourage you to promptly update your Personally Identifiable Information if it changes, as out-of-date Personally Identifiable Information may negatively affect the quality of your School EventPay Service experience.
- Choices on Collection/Use of Information. You can always choose not to provide certain information, although a certain level of information may be required to engage and participate in the School EventPay Service. If you are enrolled, you cannot opt-out of Administrative Emails. “Administrative Emails” relate to your activity on the School EventPay Service, and include but are not limited to emails regarding your account, requests or inquiries. If you do not want to receive promotional emails from us, you may elect to opt-out of receiving promotional emails at any time after registering by e-mailing us at office@schoolEventPay.com or by hitting the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of any of our e-mails.
- Security of Information. You can access your Personally Identifiable Information via the School EventPay Service with your password and username. This password is encrypted. We advise against sharing your password with anyone. If you access your account via a third-party site or service, you may have additional or different sign-in protections via that third-party site or service. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-in mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer, browser, or mobile device by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. In the event that we believe that the security of your information may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. In addition, your Personally Identifiable Information resides on a secure server that only selected personnel and contractors have access to. We may encrypt certain sensitive information using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure that your Personally Identifiable Information is safe as it is transmitted to us. However, no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect data and seek to partner with companies that do the same, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from or via the School EventPay Service, and we are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
- Data Tracking.
- Other Tracking Devices. We may use other industry standard technologies like pixel tags and web beacons to track your use of the School EventPay Service, or we may allow our Third Party Service Providers to use these devices on our behalf. When you access the School EventPay Service or open or click an email, pixel tags and web beacons generate a Non-Personally Identifiable notice of that action. Pixel tags allow us to measure and improve our understanding of visitor traffic and behavior on the School EventPay Service, as well as give us a way to measure our promotions and performance. We may also utilize pixel tags and web beacons provided by our marketing partners for the same purposes.
- Email Choice/Opt-out. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to implement your email opt-out requests promptly, but you may still receive communications from us for up to ten (10) business days as we process your request.
- Privacy Settings. As a user, you may have limited access to privacy settings. These settings help hide information you wish to share with other users and/or the public. It is up to you to select the appropriate privacy settings. If you don’t agree with the available privacy settings, please stop using the School EventPay Service.
- Public Areas. We may provide areas on the School EventPay Service where you can publicly post information about yourself or can communicate with others such as on forums. This information may be accessible by other users and companies and may appear on other websites or web searches, and therefore this information could be read, collected, and used by others. We have no control over who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so please use caution when posting any content or providing anything that could be deemed personal information.
- Notice of Privacy Rights to California Residents. California law requires that we provide you with a summary of your privacy rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and the California Business and Professions Code. As required by COPPA, we will provide you with the categories of Personally Identifiable Information that we collect through the School EventPay Service and the categories of third party persons or entities with whom such Personally Identifiable Information may be shared for direct marketing purposes at your request. California law requires us to inform you, at your request, (1) the categories of Personally Identifiable Information we collect and what third parties we share that information with; (2) the names and addresses of those third parties; and (3) examples of the products marketed by those companies. COPPA further requires us to allow you to control who you do not want us to share that information with. To obtain this information, please send a request by email or physical mail to the address found below. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what Personally Identifiable Information you do not want us to share with our marketing partners. The request should be sent to the attention of our legal department, and labeled “California Customer Choice Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response. Also, please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your Personally Identifiable Information or requesting this notice.
- Children. If you are under the age of 18, you represent that you have the consent of a parent or legal guardian to use and access the School EventPay Service. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at office@SchoolEventPay.com. Further, we do not knowingly solicit or collect information from anyone under 13 years of age. The School EventPay Service is not intended for use, and should not be used by children, under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 years of age, without parental consent, we will delete that information.